When you are just starting out on Instagram, it can feel quite overwhelming! To make things a bit easier, we’ve put together 6 tips to help you get a better handle on Instagram.
1. Put all of your #’s in your first comment: This declutters your text area and makes it easier to get your message across.
2. Don’t overdue filters: Filters are great, but there is a time and a place…you’ll work your way through this ok 😉
3. At the same time, don’t be a corporate: Emotionless stock photos won’t get you far here. Be authentic, and mix promotional messages with grass roots content.
4. Encourage direct messages: Instagram has a DM feature which is fantastic to start a conversation with users without pushing them to another place like your website (which they may never go to).
5. Use Instagram Stories: Instagram has a number of ways for you to tell a story, and the Instagram stories feature is a fantastic way to communicate, but you also get more visibility with your followers.
6. Schedule: We recommended that you are utilising a scheduling tool to manage your ongoing posts in the future. This will save you considerable time – especially when using a tool like PlanGram which handles the whole scheduling process.
There you have it!